Как исправить ошибку данных crc на жестком диске, в торренте или игре: освещаем в общих чертах
- 1 Как исправить ошибку данных crc на жестком диске, в торренте или игре: освещаем в общих чертах
- 1.1 Как исправить ошибку данных crc на жестком диске, в торренте или игре: освещаем в общих чертах
- 1.2 CRC Errors: Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check
- 1.3 What can be done to prevent a CRC error?
- 1.4 Устанавливаем архиватор для решения проблем с распаковкой.
- 1.5 How to Solve the Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check) Issue?
- 1.6 CRC Error? Data Recovery Professional can help
Как исправить ошибку данных crc на жестком диске, в торренте или игре: освещаем в общих чертах
Ошибка в данных (CRC) возникает в случае несоответствии контрольных сумм файла к которому обращалась утилита. Это может означать, что файл был каким-то образом стал изменен или даже поврежденным.
В основном это проблема возникает тогда, когда вы устанавливаете приложения и игры; делаете копии файла расположенного на диске; пишите какой-либо диск или производите загрузку через торрент утилиту. Давайте теперь рассмотрим основные причины возникновения ошибки в данных crc.
CRC Errors: Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check
Mostly, the Cyclic Redundancy Check error would occur in two situations:
1. Drive is not accessible, data error (cyclic redundancy check)
«My 1TB Seagate Free agent GoFlex has some error in opening the disk. First, it asked me to format the drive before being able to use it. I canceled that dialog as I have many files saved on it. An error message appeared, saying: ‘Drive is Not Accessible: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)’.»
2. Cannot initialize disk: cyclic redundancy check
«How can you fix an external HDD that fails to initialize? It gives ‘Virtual Disk Manager. Data error (cyclic redundancy check)’ each time I try to initialize the drive.»
So what is a cyclic redundancy check error?
The cyclic redundancy check, or CRC error, is an error-detecting technology commonly used in digital networks and storage devices to detect accidental changes to raw data. It serves as a data verification method to check the accuracy of data on hard disk drives, CDs, DVDs, etc.
When does the cyclic redundancy check error occur? When there’s a bad spot on the media of your hard disk, a CRC error may occur.
A cyclic redundancy check error can also be triggered by many other incidents that seem to be inevitable. For example, registry corruption, a cluttered hard disk, an unsuccessful program installation, or misconfigured files. Generally, when you receive the error message ‘data error (cyclic redundancy check)’, there is something wrong with the files or the hard drive.
What can be done to prevent a CRC error?
If you encounter a CRC error, it can be really annoying. Your go-to solutions such as rebooting the system won’t help solve a CRC error. You can’t temporarily disable the checking procedure either, which is why theaffected files seem lost at first. However, depending on the context, there are different strategies to solve the problem and save your files!
CRC error: here’s how to fix it when extracting files
If you want to extract compressed files, you can use the tools installed on your operating system. Many users do opt for third-party tools such as WinZip or WinRAR for packing and extracting documents, however, which often have a much greater range of functions. If you use this kind of software yourself, you should first check whether it is still up to date when your CRC error occurs. If you have updated the program and the error persists, try to reinstall it entirely. A change of program can also be the answer to your CRC problem.
Even an incomplete or incorrectly executed download can quickly lead to problems like a CRC error. If you have downloaded the corrupted file or archive from the Internet, we recommend that you download it again.
Many third-party tools can repair damaged archives or compressed files. If your program offers this option, you can try to fix the CRC error this way in the last step. For example, in WinRAR, you can start the repair as follows:
- Open the zipped file in WinRAR.
- Click on the “Tools” item in the upper menu bar.
- Select “Repair archive”.
- Specify a location for the archive to be repaired and specify the compression type (ZIP or RAR).
- Confirm to begin the repair.
- When the process is complete, there is a rebuilt variant of the archive in the defined target directory, which should not cause a CRC error during extraction.
Repair the faulty archive with WinRAR. This way, you’ll have a good chance of fixing a CRC error.
Extracting a file despite a CRC error (using WinRAR)
If a compressed file can no longer be extracted due to a CRC error, often most of the data is fine, and only a few files are corrupted. You could save the uncorrupted files even if you can’t fix the CRC error entirely. As an example, the following instructions show how this procedure works in WinRAR:
- Open the affected archive with WinRAR.
- Press the menu item “Extract to”.
- Mark the option “Keep broken files” in the “Miscellaneous” section.
- Confirm to finish this step.
- The files will then be extracted to the defined target directory — including the broken file(s). However, these files cannot be opened or edited.
After activating the option “Keep corrupted files”, WinRAR will unzip the damaged files without issue.
CRC errors during read or write processes — possible solutions
Because there is no specific troubleshooting for storage media errors, tools for general error checking of the affected media have the best chance of success. As with WinRAR, you can choose between third-party software (usually for a fee) and tools that are already integrated in your system. In Windows operating systems, the tool can be found under “error checking”. This comes preinstalled. It can be used in the following way for data problems, such as a CRC error:
- Open the File Explorer and select the problematic disk drive by right-clicking on it.
- Select the menu item “Properties”.
- Switch to the “Tools” tab.
- Click on the “Check” button under the “Error checking” options.
- Finally, press the “Scan Drive” button to start the error check.
Note that if you want to use the Windows tool “Error Checking” to fix CRC errors, you need administrator rights.
Устанавливаем архиватор для решения проблем с распаковкой.
При создании репаков и их модификаций часто используются разные методы сжатия. Хорошо если у пользователей стоит хотя бы обновленный Winrar. Однако еще лучше установить себе 7-zip архиватор – он работает с дополнительными и известными алгоритмами сжатия, совместим всеми версиями Windows 10,8,7,Vista, XP, обладает собственным форматом 7z и совершенно бесплатен. Скачать можно по ссылке выше с сайта разработчиков. Данные манипуляции помогут большинству пользователей в решении проблемы.
How to Solve the Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check) Issue?
1. Using CHKDSK Utility
To solve CRC error, you must repair the hard drive by running CHKDSK utility via command prompt. CHKDSK checks the integrity of your hard drive and fixes logical file system errors, bad sectors & file system metadata. You can run CHKDSK by following these steps:
- Connect the storage device to your PC.
- Press ‘Windows+Q’ and type CMD in the search bar.
- Right-click on the ‘Command Prompt’ and select ‘Run as Administrator’.
- A command prompt window appears. Type chkdsk X: /f where X is the hard drive or any other media storage device letter connected to your system. Alternatively, you can type chkdsk X: /F /X /R for the rigorous scanning and repairing.
- Hit the ‘Enter’ button and wait until ‘chkdsk’ utility repairs the disk errors.
After CHKDSK completes error checking, re-connect storage media to the system and then try to access it from File Explorer. If you are able to access the data without any error; immediately copy data from it to a safe location on your system and format the hard drive or any other storage media via Disk Management tool or DiskPart.
NOTE: If the problem persists, you need to format your storage drive. The format will erase all the data from the storage device. If you don’t want to lose data, you must follow the last solution given in this post, which is more effective and optimal.
2. Run SFC Scan
SFC stands for System File Checker, which is used to repair Windows system files including Windows DLL files, registry files, or other protected files. Sometimes due to corrupt file system or registry files, as discussed above, CRC error occurs.
The SFC scan finds the file issue and replaces the corrupt or damaged file with a new one. The entire process can take around 5 to 20 minutes depending upon the files size and volume. To run SFC scan, follow these steps:
- Connect the storage drive
- Click the Windows icon to open the search bar
- Type cmd. Right-click on ‘Command Prompt’ and select ‘Run as Administrator’ from the options
- Type sfc /scannow in the cmd window and hit the ‘Enter’ button to run the SFC scan
After SFC scan is finished, restart the system and try accessing the files from the storage media. If the problem still persists, please refer to the next solution.
3. Using a Data Recovery Tool
If none of the above listed solutions works for you, take the help of a powerful data recovery software like Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows. This tool can help you recover data from a severely corrupt, formatted, re-formatted, inaccessible hard drive, and lost or deleted hard drive partitions with a few simple clicks.
This tool guarantees safe and secure data recovery from all types of storage media formatted in exFAT, FAT (FAT16, FAT32), and NTFS such as USB sticks, hard drives, and even from scratched optical disks (CD/DVD).
You can follow the below steps after watching the video to recover data from a storage device with CRC error.
- Download and Install the Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows software on your PC.
- Connect the storage drive to the PC via USB port. If you are prompted to ‘Format Hard Drive’ on a message box, click ‘No’.
- Launch the software.
- Check the ‘All Data’ checkbox to select and recover drive files, folders, and other deleted data from the external hard drive. You can also check individual boxes.
- Click the ‘Next’ button, and then choose the connected storage drive.
- Turn on ‘Deep Scan’. The Deep Scan option takes more time as it thoroughly searches for the deleted data deep inside the hard drive based on file signatures and it also facilitates recovery of RAW data.
- If you want to recover drive data from deleted, inaccessible, or un-allocated partition, select ‘Can’t Find Drive’ under Other Locations and click the ‘Scan’ button.
- On the next screen, select your drive and click the ‘Search’ button. All deleted partitions will be listed under the ‘Partitions Found’ box.
- Select the partition and click the ‘Scan’ button to start scanning. If nothing is found, click on the ‘Deep Scan’ link at the bottom to start Deep Scan.
- In the left Tree View pane, you can see all the recovered files and folders. Click on the ‘File Type’ tab to view files segregated by type. You can also click on a file to preview it before you begin the recovery.
- Check the checkboxes of data that you want to recover and then click the ‘Recover’ button.
- Click the ‘Browse’ button to select the location where you want to save the recovered data. Make sure not to select the same drive.
- Click the ‘Start Saving’ button.
The selected recovered files and folders are saved at the desired location.
CRC Error? Data Recovery Professional can help
Furthermore, If none of the above-mentioned methods works for you, this calls for professional assistance. Probably, the hard disk or storage device might have a deep-rooted issue that the system checks are not enough to solve. Consequently, Stellar Data Recovery Services can help, if you are looking to fix CRC error. Our team of experts have decades of experience in successfully recovering data from corrupted or damaged storages devices. Also, we can handle every recovery need, including recovery of data due to CRC error.
We excel at recovering data in the following situations:
- Hardware failure of storage devices.
- Formatted SD Cards and Hard Drives.
- Accidental deletion of data in storage devices.
Physical damage to the storage device. By placing the needs of the customers at the core, we can extend state-of-the-art services.
[NOTE]: Schedule defragmentation task in windows for weekly or monthly. Also keep track on hard drive performance with the help of CHKDSK to check errors like bad sectors, CRC error etc.
We hope that the given information will help you tackle CRC Error. Depending on the storage device and the priority of the saved data, finally, you can figure out the right course of action. It also pays to keep your hard disk healthy with regular CHKDSK checks. Hence, This would help you to avoid the cyclic redundancy check error in the future. And when you do encounter one, make sure that you stop using the device right away. The sooner you focus on the data recovery process, the better the chances of recovery are.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Data error cyclic redundancy check – I am unable to fix the CRC Error in my hard drive. Is there any other way to recover the data?
Ans: Try to resolve the issue with CHKDSK method. But if it’s not works do not experiment with the hard drive and immediately contact to data recovery service providers.
Ques: What is the reason for Diskpart cyclic redundancy check data error?
Ans: The Diskpart cyclic redundancy check data error occurs due to the following reasons:
- Storage devices contain bad sectors
- Cluttered hard disk and misconfigured files
- Registry corruption
- Unsuccessful program installation
- A sudden loss of power to the system
Ques: How to fix cyclic redundancy check data error?
Ans: To fix this issue you have to repair all logical errors in the hard drive by running CHKDSK utility via command prompt. You can follow the above method one.
About The Author
Sapna is a technical blogger and has been writing since 3 years. She is into technology and writes tech-based stuff. Her aims to provide knowledge to simple users by sharing tips and tricks about new technologies, DIY and Data Recovery Services.